7 Steps to Get to Page One of Google Search Results.
At Mediaholix we like all things SEO - it is a key building block for inbound marketing. Recently I had a request for a new site build. Now we are generally moving away from new builds - but they asked so nicely and it is cycling related.
It was a marvellous opportunity to plan, build, get awesome graphics and see how long a planned structure would take to rank on Google. (Other Search engines are available but I have seen the analytics and Google dominates).
After just 4 days we are on page one. Broom Wagon Tours had some heavy competition and we were no where until today. Please note the competition - Bloomberg, BBC and Wikipedia... our site is 4th in as many days,,, website = http://broomwagontours.co.uk
How to get on page 1 of google? What is the secret? Well - it is no secret, more about what you know not who... here's how we did it.
- A well structured site for keywords and logic. Home, about us, products or services, events, blog, contact - the things your customers will expect to see.
- Know your target audience, what visuals will appeal.
- Structure your pages well. (Six Steps is all it takes!)
- Make sure you invest in graphics and alt-tag well.
- Don't forget to spend some time doing keyword research.
- Download Yoast SEO plugin for Wordpress. (If on another CMS use their SEO tools.)
- You'll notice we didn't spend a lot of time (or money) getting inbound links.
Build happy and wait for google to do their crawling. If you want to know more about SEO download our free e book below: